If you want to disable the new Facebook Messenger Emoji and get back your standard emoji, Facebook does allow you to do so from its mobile app. Here’s how:
- Open Facebook Messenger App on your iPhone or iPad (option not working on Android)
- At the bottom of the app, tap on the “Me” tab
- Tap on the Photos and Media option
- Toggle the Messenger emoji button to the off position
- Your emoticon and emoji sent will return to your device’s standard set
NOTE: It appears there is no option to turn off Messenger emoji on desktop computers.